I didn't have a fabric that matched the shades of pink in my French Market Bag, so a couple of my knitting friends suggested a knitted/felted flower. I found a freebie pattern online today and whipped this one up. Easy-peasy. Of course, when I was done and had it sewn onto the bag, I thought, "Hmm, maybe some beads." I added silver-lined sz 8 seed beads to the center. NOW I'm groovin' the little bag.
I also knocked out this number for Breeze. It's big enough for a book bag, but doesn't scream "Backpack". We found the fabric at Hancock's up in Charleston. I had it envisioned in my head, so I didn't bother with a pattern. The printed fabric is fashions through the years, and I added three black buttons as an accent and a zipper so she can close it up. I gave the sides and bottom some stability with plastic canvas between the outside and the lining.
I also made a needle case for a girlfriend, but dingbat here forgot to take a pic of it before I gave it to her. I did a beaded dolphin on it with a beaded rope trim. I'll be making myself one later on, so I'll be sure to post it.