Baby crafting

My new nephew decided to arrive on Easter, so I've been feverishly trying to finish up some things I'm making for him. Mom's heading over there in a couple of weeks, so hopefully I'll have everything ready to send with her.

I knew that I *had* to make these booties as soon as I saw the pic on the pattern. They were really easy, and I just love them! I'm sure my brother will ask why I didn't make him a pair of hunting boots or football cleats, but there'll be time for that later. I used this pattern, and they went a lot faster than I anticipated. http://xalleykatx.livejournal.com/50196.html?mode=reply




I'm also crocheting a blanket, but with it all being single crochet, it's taking quite a while. I'm basing it off of the Tiramisu Blanket here (http://rosylittlethings.typepad.com/TiramisuBlanket.pdf), but I didn't have enough of one type of yarn, so Logan's will be a bit different. Here's my progress so far.


I want to get him a little devil hat made, too, but I don't know if I'll have time. I may just have to mail it later. Isn't the pattern adorable, though?! As my brother's son, he NEEDS this hat. I already have the yarn, so I plan to cast on in the next couple of days.


Aside from the baby stitching, I've been recovering from surgery and dabbling a bit more in beads. I have a necklace about halfway done on my craft table, so I need to finish it up.

I'm also still teaching classes, so I need to get my samples done for the next schedule. More scrapbooking, stamping, crochet, knitting, and a few other classes, but nothing as crazy as what I had going this time. I'm learning my way around how to do classes.

That's pretty much it for now from the crafting department.

I did wanna give a huge shout-out to my fellow ATC Craftsters for being pubbed in ATC Quarterly! Way to go, ladies!!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

You are going to laugh, I found your blog via Ravelry Military Group. I am also a Marine Wife, then I saw the bootie pattern and that pattern was done by another Marine Wife. She and I became good friends while stationed at Lejeune. She is also on Ravelry. If ever you get to Richlands,NC(located near Camp Lejeune) check her out at The Tail Spinner.

kerlaine said...

the booties are so cute, my daughter is pregnant and I think I'll make them for the expected baby